Ubuntu-tz thanks for welcoming me!

Atanas Cosmas Nkelame nkelame at udsm.ac.tz
Wed Sep 17 16:16:44 BST 2008

Thanks everyone out there for welcoming me!

When Ubuntu 8.04 came out some of us at the Tanzania Free Software
Association-TAFOSSA requested the University Computing Centre to donate
1000 CD (One thousand CDs) so we can distribute to various places in
Tanzania.

Just wanted to ask you to spread a word that Free Ubuntu CDs are available
at the following locations:

Mbeya: University Computing Centre (Ask for butoto)
Arusha: University Computing Centre (Ask for
Dar es Salaam:
             -University Computing Centre HeadQuarters  (at
mlimani-university of dar es salaam)
             -University Computing Centre (City Centre Branch, at
azikiwe-Ask for Methusela)
             -UTUMISHI (Ask for Ely Anderson)

Mwanza: Contact Mr Dogan, at the University Computing Centre Branch

We are also looking for volunteers at other regions.

Just wants to let you know that over 100 CDs were requested by students at
the University of Dar es Salaam and we plan to

Zanzibar: Zanzibar State University received some copies also for
distribution.

I will encourage a few of my friends, and fellow developers at the Free
Software Innovation Unity, at the University Computing Centre to join the
list. They are all using Ubuntu.

I will share with you other things we are doing some other time.

WE LOVE UBUNTU.