Ubuntu-tz [ Re: Ubuntu Website]

Max E.K max at kimambo.co.tz
Thu Jul 31 17:09:37 BST 2008

Hi Vlad,

I was more thinking that because of limited manpower that we have and
resources, its easier to go with a customized joomla template and devote
more resources to developing content of the site.

When the site picks up i.e gathers more traffic we can rethink our
strategy if Joomla no longer meets our needs, but since at the initial
stages we are mainly focused on information dissemination and providing
some forum/board for communication it is my belief that Joomla would do
the job, although i am open to suggestions, i have worked with joomla
quite a bit, but i am not so sure about other systems.

Also, about ease of Navigation it depends on how you decide to organize
the content in your CMS, it can be very easy to navigate or can be very
difficult (i.e default installation of joomla)

How comfortable are you with writing your own php5 code as opposed to
developing a Joomla template?

Please shoot some ideas.

regards,

Max.