Japanese team (reviewer) is not working

Fumihito YOSHIDA hito at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 13:13:07 UTC 2017

Hi,

> However, since the quality of Web translation is also improving,
> it should not completely deny it.
> It improves translation improvement now.

  Partially yes, but I have to say "No" in Ubuntu Translations. We can
*not* use web based machine translation systems in FLOSS products,
that cause serious license issue, not (only) quality problem. If you
submit web-based machine translations at past-days, please revert
these outputs.

> However, it seems that it has refused participation of a new reviewer
> due to the influence which is sticking to quality too much.

  I must say "No", sorry. Because messy translations break the chance
of using user-side machine translations (with web-based translations)
.
  Please take care of itself.  Users can translate with machine
translation in their hands.

> Existing members will have a day to change one day.
> For that, we must have a new user.
> There is no user who can perfectly work perfectly...
> It is the same for everything. Both translators and communities...
>
> I am seeing many translations back in English with recent Ubuntu flavors.
> It is obviously a lack of reviewer. I hope to solve this problem at an
> early date.

  No, this is not only reviewers resources problem, that caused by
our(Japanese Team) policy: "If you find not good translation and you
done have enough time for brush-up, don't accept that."