Docviewer string translation request

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Mon Jun 29 15:20:14 UTC 2015

Op 29-06-15 om 12:11 schreef Simos Xenitellis:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:07 PM, Hannie Dumoleyn
> <lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>> Op 29-06-15 om 11:52 schreef Simos Xenitellis:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There is this string,
>>>
>>> --------> 'Today', hh:mm
>>>
>>> TRANSLATORS: this is a datetime formatting string, and the
>>> singlequote is an escape character.
>> Normally I change single quotes into the more elegant ‘ and ’. In this case
>> I suppose we should leave it at ' and '.
>>
> I see. So, we translate "Today" to the local language, then the format
> (hh:mm) can either stay the same or modified according to the accepted
> formats from the Qt website.
>
> Simos
Oops, I think I misunderstood the remark about the singlequote being an
escape character. Perhaps someone can explain what that means.
'Today' should be translated.
As for the date formatting, hh:mm shows the hour and minutes with a
leading zero (00 to 23), e.g. 09:15. At least, this is what I can make
of it.
Best regards,
Hannie