Timeouts when trying to translate on Launchpad

Åka Sikrom a4 at hush.com
Fri Aug 8 11:29:38 UTC 2014

Hi Simos,

It happens to me quite frequently, especially if I am on a busy
network.
That reminds me, I once got rid of this problem almost completely by
disabling my browser's HTTPS Everywhere for Launchpad.net.
Even though the pages were still sent to me in HTTPS, the timeouts
went away. When I turned the extension back on, the timeouts returned.
Not sure if I can reproduce this now, but I will try it again the next
time I get a timeout spree.

For what it is worth, when I am at home, this almost never happens, no
matter if HTTPS Everywhere is enabled or not.

I am quite surprised that there are no (easily searchable, at least)
bug reports for this.
Anybody seen one?

Best regards,
Åka Sikrom