Trusty translation import queue status?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 05:09:11 UTC 2014

>> [1] https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+imports?field.filter_status=NEEDS_REVIEW&field.filter_extension=all
>>
> I took a look, but it is hard to make sense of that pile of PO files.
> I approved and fixed some POT files (that at least I'm sure about),
> but others, have not even idea what template they should be or where
> they should go.

Thanks for your work, Milo! At least my app-install-data is now
approved (pending import), and I also see that regarding the evolution
reported there's nothing non-approved.

So it looks good from .pot file / manual uploads side at least, and
those generally are the most important ones to know to be functional.

My remaining worry, which also comes from experiencing the history of
problems in the past, is that if we're getting the latest upstream
translations or not. I'm positive similar to Ask that at least
Evolution translations from the upstream version we're shipping were
not (properly?) imported to Launchpad. While LP showed >800
untranslated strings the fi.po in apt-get source evolution has only
~400 untranslated strings, and it was possible to copy strings
directly from the fi.po we're shipping in the source to LP web
interface. This was the case until it was fixed manually this week.

-Timo