Trusty translation import queue status?

Milo Casagrande milo at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 9 19:56:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone say what's up with the translation import queue? The queue
> for trusty [1] a jolly three hundred thousand "Needs review"
> translations, a mix of user uploads and automatic uploads.
>
> [1] https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+imports?field.filter_status=NEEDS_REVIEW&field.filter_extension=all
>
> Is there something that needs to be done/kicked to unblock processing
> the bulk of it?

I took a look, but it is hard to make sense of that pile of PO files.
I approved and fixed some POT files (that at least I'm sure about),
but others, have not even idea what template they should be or where
they should go.

Also, the continuous Launchpad time out errors do not make life easy.
Do you have special cases that should be sped up? If so, please try to
provide a direct lik, there are too many to go through.

What might help is that if you know about a package that does not have
a template set (Launchpad should sasy something like "No import target
selected"), and you know for sure which template/target is, forward
that information as well.

Thanks!
Ciao.

--