Getting a user barred from a language

Michael Bauer fios at akerbeltz.org
Thu Sep 12 16:31:21 UTC 2013

Hiya

> I can see you are quite desperate. If you want help from LP admins, you
> could file a bug against Launchpad itself (or find someone to talk to on
> #launchpad), but I think it will we very hard to convince them that a
Ok, I'm about to try that avenue too.
> person who is delivering bad translations should be banned. On LP a team
> can choose a restricted or moderated policy so that suggestions will
> always be reviewed by members of the team.
The problem is that the Ubuntu team does not seem to cover everything on
Launchpad, it only covers some of the projects.

12/09/2013 17:04, sgrìobh ubuntu-translators-request at lists.ubuntu.com:
> On LP I see: There are 2 direct members of the "Sgioba Ubuntu na
> G?idhlig"/"Sgioba Launchpad na G?idhlig" team (moderated), both with
> administrator status. When I look at the introduction of the owner's
> personal page I cannot believe he/she does not speak a word of Gaelic.
> Hannie
Yes, that's me and GunChleoc, as I said above, the "core" (if I can call
them that) Ubuntu files are not the problem. The problem are all those
other things which are on Launchpad, such as Linux Mint, which don't
seem to fall under the locale teams' user settings i.e. whatever setting
I choose, if the admin of Linux Mint grants him the right to translate
into Gaelic, then the settings in the Ubuntu Gaelic team have no impact.
It looks a bit as if there's "Ubuntu core" (in terms of rights) and then
lots of little totally independent sub-projects.

> Hi
> it's really difficult to deal with someone that prolific.? If we annoy them then maybe they might become more deliberately destructive (although by the sounds of it he might do that badly too and end up doing more good than harm??)
Apart from entering profanities, I don't think it could get much worse...
> Is there anyway of meeting the person face-to-face, preferably in a pub full of proper native-Scots speakers??

Not sure that would help, to be honest, it would probably get very
heated. :/

Michael