Onboard and word prediction

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Aug 23 11:17:21 UTC 2013

написане Fri, 23 Aug 2013 13:55:32 +0300, Michael Bauer
<fios at akerbeltz.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Based on some strings in Onboard it seems that Ubuntu is capable of
> predictive typing - not sure if that also includes the physical keyboard
> but is it possible to supply data so that also works in the localized
> language?
>
> Michael

Hi,

There is a specification on this feature:

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Onboard/SpecWordPrediction

(not sure, how far the current state is from its completeness).

It's just a guess, but I think it will work on self-learning anyhow but
can be usable out-of-box for the languages with spellchecking dictionaries
(hunspell or some other modern dictionary) only. The Asian languages will
benefit from Input methods suggestions even without this AT-SPI feature.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri