Joining a translation team

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Fri Apr 26 04:58:47 UTC 2013

On 04/26/2013 08:00 AM, Adeeb Nqo wrote:

> I want to get involved in translating Ubuntu to IsiXhosa (xh_ZA). I
> applied for membership on the Ubuntu Xhosa Translators team on launchpad
> on 2013-04-06. I haven't recieved a reply nor  has my application been
> (dis)approved.

You shouldn't need to apply for membership of that team just to get
involved in translating.  The way to get involved in translating is...
just translate!  The team's purpose is not just to translate, but also
to review and enable translations that others contribute.  You can still
decide you want to join the team later, but that will be easier if
you've done some translation work first.

If the team is not reviewing translations at all, then there is cause
for concern.

Jeroen