Chrome on Launchpad?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Apr 8 18:54:11 UTC 2013

написане Mon, 08 Apr 2013 21:23:18 +0300, Michael Bauer
<fios at akerbeltz.org>:

> Hi Yuri
>
> Thanks, at least I now know. That's really poor (not of you personally
> obviously) that there are so many dead projects. I mean I can understand
> why keeping them in an archive might be good but to keep them live is
> really a bit ... crazy.
>
> Google doesn't care about small languages (anymore, not since they got
> big) so I've given up on Chrome - I presume that's still being run by
> the OS community or has the control over both Chrome AND Chromium
> shifted to Google?
>
> Michael

There is no control. Google just provides translations for Chrome. They do
not care about Chromium translations. If someone will do (just like Fabien
Tassin did in the past) a conversion for Chromium on LP or Transifex [1] I
think the community will be happy to have them. If not... Ok, we have
Opera, Firefox and a bunch of other browsers.

That's it.

Yuri

[1] https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/chromium/