[UIFE][FFE] Support default preinstallation of webapps launcher icons

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 20 13:48:06 UTC 2012

Al 19/09/12 04:33, En/na Alexandre abreu ha escrit:
> Hi All,
>
> This is freeze exception request to add two new default Launcher icons for
> WebApps ( http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/technologies/webapps/).
>
> Those two items (linking to the Amazon and UbuntuOne Music WebApps) would
> be added by default to the Launcher with the appropriate icons
> (distributed as part of each WebApp package)
> in the same fashion as the Launcher icons that can be seens here:
>
> http://developer.ubuntu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/webapps-launcher.jpeg
>
> The link to the FFE bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/webapps-applications/+bug/1046840
>
> Thank you,
> Alex

I believe this is a significant feature that shouldn't be blocking on
the translations team, as in terms of translations it will introduce
just a handful additional ones. The main discussion is happening on the
ubuntu-devel thread.

For these reasons, and *provided that the two launcher icons are
translatable* as the rest of the launchers in the system, here's a
tentative +1.

Cheers,
David.

--