Webapps translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 10 21:31:15 UTC 2012

Al 10/10/12 21:58, En/na Hendrik Knackstedt ha escrit:
> Hey David!
>
> Since so many templates changed after the deadline and GNOME
> translations aren't imported properly[1] (which doesn't look like it
> has happend by now), would it be possible to update translations
> alltogether one more time before the final release?

Hi Hendrik,

Unfortunately, the translations deadline cannot be changed at this
point. The final language packs are being built already, and other
milestones rely on those, so it's not as simple as shifting a date
around. As you know, it's quite complex to squeeze all features in a
6-month schedule. Not only for translators, but also for developers,
members of the release team and other contributors.

I realise that User Interface Freeze exceptions can be a pain (believe
me when I say I don't like them, they do generate more work for me
too!), but everyone is working hard to get their features in, and
unfortunately that means sometimes some things have to be fitted into
the schedule after deadlines because they could not be completed before.

Regarding the bug you're pointing at, I'd like to mention that its
subject is about _some_ GNOME translations not being imported correctly,
not all of them. So far I know of evolution, evolution-data-server and
orca being affected. If you know of more, please add them to the bug report.

> Otherwise, translations for packages that cannot get updated via
> language packs (like ubiquity-debconf which changed yesterday) would
> be missing.

To be clear, ubiquity-debconf did not change yesterday as far as I'm
aware. However, if it has, this is something that shouldn't have
happened, so please let me know the exact changes and I'll bring it up
with the installer developers.

> There were so many last minute changes and freeze exceptions this
> time, so I think it should be possible to update translations again to
> get a fully translated system.

Rest assured that we'll ship any missing translations in the first
post-release language pack.

Thanks a lot for your efforts and understanding.

Cheers,
David.

--
David Planella