Webapps translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 11 07:17:54 UTC 2012

Al 11/10/12 08:04, En/na Hendrik Knackstedt ha escrit:
> Hey David!
>
>> Regarding the bug you're pointing at, I'd like to mention that its
>> subject is about _some_ GNOME translations not being imported
>> correctly, not all of them. So far I know of evolution,
>> evolution-data-server and orca being affected. If you know of more,
>> please add them to the bug report.
>
> I added gtk+ which is also affected. I'll be looking for more and
> report it to the bug report.

Excellent, thanks for your help. The more details we've got, the easier
to find out what's going on and to fix it.

>> To be clear, ubiquity-debconf did not change yesterday as far as
>> I'm aware. However, if it has, this is something that shouldn't
>> have happened, so please let me know the exact changes and I'll
>> bring it up with the installer developers.
>
> Well, there have been changes that happend after the deadline. They
> must have happend yesterday or the day before yesterday. It was 3
> untranslated strings that appeared and haven't been there before. One
> of them was [1].

I've investigated this in more detail, and you're right: 3 new strings
were added to the template as a result of a bug fix. Looking at the
changelog, I can see:

"  * KDE PartAuto.py Translate strings which previously were not
translated. Thanks to Pantelis Koukousoulas"

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/quantal/+source/ubiquity/+changelog

I assume they are Kubuntu-only strings, but I'll talk to the installer
devs to see if there can be another upload of ubiquity with translations
to include these.

Cheers,
David.