Precise Beta Freeze now in effect

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Thu Mar 22 21:06:34 UTC 2012

Dear Developers,
   Beta Freeze[1] now in effect (Thursday, March 22nd).

   All uploads to the archive and any user user interface
changes will now have to be approved manually by the release
team.  Some may be staged in -proposed before being copied
into the release archive, at the discretion of the release team.

   The documentation team and translation teams will also need to be
notified of any further User Interface changes.

Dear Documentation writers,

   The one large piece that hasn't landed, and will impact the
interfaces is unity 5.8.0 and some dependent pieces [1].  Since
this is after freeze, we'll be using our new staging area, and
uploading it to -proposed (hopefully tomorrow), and then moving it
over after its checked out.   You may want to look at taking
screen shots from the version in proposed, or their PPA, or wait
until it lands in the release.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Kate,
on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team.