Translation manual

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Fri Jul 6 07:45:09 UTC 2012

Hello translators,
The precise version of the manual is ready to be translated, see [1].
Some of you have already started translating. For those of you who
haven't started yet, now is the moment.
As a member of Ubuntu Dutch Translators I have prepared a few things to
make it easier for my fellow translators. Here is what I have done (you
may profit from my tips):

I have split the whole document in portions (chapters/sections) and
added these to our wiki (just look at the table), see [2]
This is very convenient for those teams that have more than one
translator working on the manual. Every translator can add his name to
one or more chapters.

I also merged the lucid and oneiric versions with the precise version,
giving me a merged file that I can open in a translation tool like
Lokalize (or poedit, or your favorite tool). Here you get all the fuzzy
translations that were not transferred to precise because these strings
were not identical. I can copy those fuzzies to Launchpad and make the
changes there. I can also send this merged file to my fellow translators
if they want to use this method.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any questions,
please send them to the manual mailing list.
I wish all translators good luck and I really hope we get this manual
(LTS!) translated into many, many languages.
Regards,
Hannie

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual
[2] http://wiki.ubuntu-nl.org/community/Vertaalteam/Status