top bar, menu bar, panel or top panel

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Wed Jul 11 14:01:31 UTC 2012

With more reactions coming in, I think "menu bar" is the favorite now.
The explanation that this bar holds mainly menu's is a valid one. With
the term "top bar" one refers to the location of the bar (at the top of
the screen), while the term "menu bar" says more about the contents of
the bar.
@manual team: if we agree on "menu bar", we can start using this term in
Quantal.
Regards,