Ubuntu Quantal Open for Translation
kelemeng at gnome.hu
Tue Aug 7 11:24:53 UTC 2012
I am pleased to announce that our current development release, Ubuntu
Quantal, is now open for translation:
Some additional information that will be useful for translators:
- Translation schedule. Remember that according to the release schedule
 translatable messages might be subject to change until the
TranslationDeadline, on the week of the 9th of October.
TranslationDeadline is a new concept, unifying the former
NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline and the
- Language packs. During the development cycle, language packs
containing translations will be released twice per week  except for
the freeze periods. This will allow users and translators to quickly see
and test the results of translations.
- KDE is not translatable anymore on Launchpad. As KDE packages have
moved to the Universe repository, they are not going to be translatable
for Quantal . KDE packages will still contain upstream translations,
so you are encouraged to contribute directly to the KDE project.
- Test and report bugs. If you notice any issues (e.g. untranslated
strings or applications), do check with the translation team for your
language  first. If you think it is a genuine bug, please report it .
- Learn more. Learn how to start translating Ubuntu and enable millions
to use it in their language .
More information about the ubuntu-translators