ubuntu-docs Dutch translation

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 13 22:22:10 UTC 2012

Al 13/04/12 10:19, En/na Matthew East ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> On 13 April 2012 08:38, Hannie Dumoleyn <lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl> wrote:
>> Ubuntu Dutch Translators proudly announce that the Dutch translation of the
>> ubuntu docs (Precise),
>> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/ubuntu-docs/+pots/ubuntu-help/nl,
>>  is completed (100%!).
>
> That's great work, well done.
>
> Please make sure that you, and all other translators, focus on the
> ubuntu-docs branch here, which should be the primary place for
> translation of Ubuntu documentation:
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/precise/+translations
>
> Although translation synching is enabled between the two locations, so
> any translations done in the ubuntu location will filter through here,
> the latter location will generally be more up to date, and there are
> currently just a few strings there which are not yet found at the
> ubuntu location.

Thanks Matthew,

Since every time new strings are up for translation the ubuntu-help.pot
file needs to be updated and committed, would it not be just as easy to
upload the ubuntu-help.pot file to the source package as well, so that
they are in sync?

It should not take more than 2 minutes to do the upload through the web
UI, or you can alternatively do it through the command line (*).

I'd be happy to do it myself if you ping me whenever there is an
upstream template commit, if that helps.

Cheers,
David.

(*) The translations-lp-upload from the ubuntu-l10n-tools package [1]
can do the upload of the new template through the command line, e.g.

translations-lp-upload --distro-codename precise --source-package
ubuntu-docs --template ubuntu-help ubuntu-help.pot

[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-translations-coordinators/+archive/ppa

--
David Planella
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator