Merge requests for serverguide
kim0 at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 13 14:51:35 UTC 2011
On 10/08/2011 03:59 PM, Connor Imes wrote:
> On 10/07/2011 03:15 PM, Matthew East wrote:
>> On 7 October 2011 19:20, Ahmed Kamal<kim0 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Doc gatekeepers,
>>> The serverguide has 3 merge proposals waiting in
>>> They have been reviewed and approved. May I please ask that someone with
>>> write access merges them
>> It's way past documentation string freeze now. It may be that
>> translations of the server guide have taken a back seat this cycle,
>> but if there are going to be very serious breaks of this freeze, there
>> should at least be a discussion about it and a justification of why
>> the changes are required at this stage in the cycle, with a view to
>> evaluating impact on translators.
> This is why I have not merged the remaining requests, although I don't
> think much is happening for serverguide translations.
> If you raise this with the translations team as Matthew pointed out (CC
> the doc-list) and get their approval, I'll be happy to complete the
> merges. If you are still planning on doing more work for the Oneiric
> serverguide, the translation team may grant you a set period of time to
> complete work so that we can do more merges without having to bring up
> each of them with the translators. Another week or so may be an
> acceptable length of time, but then our focus should shift to Precise
> We appreciate you stepping up to help maintain the serverguide. In the
> future we need to more closely abide by the release's scheduled freeze
> dates, esp. since Precise is going to be a LTS release.
The serverguide is no longer being shipped in the archive, which per my
understanding frees it from typical "string freeze" ?
I'm emailing the translators list to ask for a one week merge window to
merge some serverguide reviews. If anyone has been working on
translating the serverguide in the 11.10 cycle, please let me know.
More information about the ubuntu-translators