Status of the Ubuntu Docs in Natty

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 1 09:47:04 UTC 2011

El dt 01 de 03 de 2011 a les 08:15 +0000, en/na Matthew East va
escriure:
> On 1 March 2011 07:29, David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > El dl 28 de 02 de 2011 a les 09:55 -0500, en/na Shaun McCance va
> > escriure:

> >> That really looks to me like the document isn't installed. What
> >> version of gnome-user-docs do you have installed?
> >
> > As far as I can tell, gnome-user-docs is not packaged, or at least I
> > could not find a package for it.
> >
> > I've only got the gnome-user-guide installed, which contains the user,
> > ally and admin guides.
>
> gnome-user-docs is the source package which provides gnome-user-guide.
>
> >>  Do you have
> >> any .page files under /usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-help/C/ ?
> >>

> > No, I don't have any file there at all. In fact, the gnome-help folder
> > does not exist in /usr/share/gnome/help/
>
> I think this is the issue - gnome-user-docs needs to be updated with
> the current upstream material to provide these files, and it hasn't
> been uploaded yet this release.
>
> That also depends upon how we deal with the other issues that have
> been raised in this thread.

Thanks Matthew.

The intention of the original post was as well to spark the discussion
on the current issues and how to deal with them.

What do you guys think the best way forward for the Ubuntu Docs in Natty
is? Do you have any comments on some of the options Shaun presented?

I think it might be useful to start with a list or summary of pending
issues and options to get Ubuntu Docs in Natty, and then work out the
plan to solve them.

Another idea might be to organize a docs team meeting to discuss all
this, which I believe would be quite useful.

What do you think?

Regards,
David.

--