Call for friendly-recovery testing

Nobuto MURATA nobuto at nobuto-murata.org
Mon Feb 21 12:46:37 UTC 2011

(2011年02月21日 19:53), Ask Hjorth Larsen wrote:
>> Then your locale is not enough to disable translations, right? In other
>> words, keeping translated is fine?
>
> Indeed, they should be kept.

OK, I will keep Danish on not-affected list.

>> [1]
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1#Languages_commonly_supported_but_with_incomplete_coverage

> This is not the "incomplete coverage" issue, because it doesn't relate
> to ǿ (i.e. ø with an apostrophe, which is used very rarely, and even
> then only optionally).  It is related to ø and Ø without apostrophe.
> The ø is replaced by an ø which is placed a few pixels above the
> baseline of the other letters, while the Ø is replaced by some kind of
> O-like character.  Ø is unicode 00D8 if this can help to reproduce the
> problem.

Thank you for explaining in detail. Then it might be a bug of font
itself. I think it's worth trying to report as a bug against
console-setup package. I'm not so familiar with this issue, could
someone, of course including Ask ;) try that?

--
Nobuto MURATA / 村田信人