A string in ubiquity is not translatable

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 1 10:05:05 UTC 2010

El dv 01 de 10 de 2010 a les 16:33 +0800, en/na Tseng, Cheng-Chia va
escriure:
> Ubuntu 10.10 RC released yesterday, and I checked the translation
> state for Chinese (Traditional) in the VirtualBox.
>
> When it came to "分配磁碟空間 (Allocate drive space)", I chose "手動指
> 定分割區 (進階) (Specify partitions manually (advanced))", it showed
> me a English string and I am surprised that why it existed while we
> Chinese (Traditional) tanslators have finished all the translations a
> long time ago.
>
> The string is "Device for boot loader installation". I searched for it
> within "ubiquity-debconf" in Launchpad, and returned nothing. (To see
> it, please check the attachment)
>
> Is that a bug? It is so urgent that 10.10 is going to be released (9
> days left). I think it should be fixed soon to meet the release.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> by Cheng-Chia Tseng

Hi Cheng-Chia,

Thanks for testing translations and reporting back.

That's bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/646106 (see the last
comment).

Please feel free to subscribe to it and to provide more feedback there
if you find anything new.

Thanks!

Regards,
David.