Global glossary

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 4 08:34:49 GMT 2010

El dj 04 de 11 de 2010 a les 09:20 +0100, en/na Hannie va escriure:

> > > However, I do see the value in creating a global glossary that
> > > teams
> > > could use as a template and simply translate.
> > >
> > > There were efforts in that direction some time ago:
> > >
> > > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2009-December/003170.html
> > >
> > > If this is an area you believe to be important, and would like to
> > > see it
> > > improved, I'd very much encourage you to revive that effort, or
> > > lead a
> > > new project to create a global translation glossary (or memory)
> > > for all
> > > teams. I'll certainly be glad to help, as I'm sure other people on
> > > the
> > > list will be.
> *snip*
>
> The idea of a global glossary is a good one. I have just looked at
> this page:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/translation-standards/terminology/+pots/terminology/nl/+translate
> I want to know how to translate it. Should I download the file?
> And can the file be imported into LP once it is translated offline?

The project can be translated as any other in Launchpad, either online
or offline.

The translation permissions are assigned to the Launchpad Translators
translation group [1]. There is no team for Dutch in that group, so
until there is one, you will only be able to submit translation
suggestions.

> It is not possible to translate it online at this moment, due to
> restricted permissions:
> Translation Standards is translated by Launchpad Translators with
> Restricted permissions.

As explained above, you'll need to be in the Dutch Launchpad Translators
team to be able to translate.

Here's how to create a Launchpad Translators team:

https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LaunchpadTranslators#StartingTeam

Creating a new team is just a matter of minutes if you've already got
existing guidelines, so if you'd like to step up for this, that would be
awesome.

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/launchpad-translators