Ubuntu start page translations update

Reşat SABIQ tilde.birlik at gmail.com
Wed May 19 05:35:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

18.05.2010 17:00, Adi Roiban yazğan:

> Turkish translations are not 100% completed [1].
> We only generate translations for fully translated pages.

It usually isn't all-or-nothing, but anyway, i added 1 missing string in
trunk. So i guess this one should be good to go.

> As far as I know, Crimean Tatar is a "new language" in IT and it is not
> in the lists of available languages for Firefox, Epiphany or Chromium.
> To have that page working you will need to add those languages in your
> favorite web browser by reporting a bug for those project.

Yes, there's still some work to be done in browsers, but i think at
least the server piece (direct page access as opposed to ala-about:home
in a particular browser) should start automagically showing the page
based on request headers as it does for other languages. There are some
mozilla language packs for Crimean Tatar/Turkish, and even though for
better privacy there's masking into tr for the time being, the
extensions, and mozilla in general (as i'm sure most people here are
aware of), can be configured to indicate preferred language even w/o
full support in official releases (which shouldn't be a distant future
either). I just think that the work on the server side is the same and
isn't really tied into browser side directly, but please correct me if
i'm wrong. Would it be possible to do server-side work separately?

Regards.