ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu: contemplating some string changes

Bruno Patri bruno.patri at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:37:28 UTC 2010

Le Vendredi 26 Mars 2010 18:07:26, Dylan McCall a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Bruno Patri <bruno.patri at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Gettext's fuzzy matching could be used here (like on a per-template
> >> basis), but that is is bad, mmmkay? :P
> >> However, your translations are not lost:
> >> click the "Translation details" link, then on the "filter" link
> >> besides the translator names under "Contributors to this
> >> translation". You can add &batch=300 to the end of the address, so
> >> you can see more of the existing translations, including obsolete
> >> ones. For example, in ubiquity-debconf, my old translations are
> >> marked by a ~:
> >> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/ubiquity/+pots
> >> /ub iquity-debconf/hu/+filter?person=kelemeng&batch=300 From this
> >> point, copy-paste is easy - I do this whenever they correct some
> >> typos in the ddtp templates :).
> >
> > Thanks for the tip Gabor ;)
> >
> > I'm really angry about this changes. French translations were completed
> > but now we have to fix 26 strings for ubuntu slide-show, 45 for
> > kubuntu slide show and 13 for xubuntu slide show.
> > In his previous messages, Dylan has only mentionned 21/26 strings for
> > ubuntu slide show. Actually 84 strings were modified !
> >

> As I understood it, the Kubuntu and Xubuntu parts had been dealt with
> by their respective contributors. I didn't look into things any
> further, since I didn't feel a need to. If that is not the case, I am
> really sorry about the trouble and I hope I can be be more careful
> keeping track of string changes / making sure everything lands on time
> in the future.

Ok, we try to do our best to have the most visible parts of Ubuntu (and
derivatives) translated in French and maybe I'm wrong about the strings
changes in kubuntu slide show (but it seems to me that this occurred at the
same time...)
Sorry for my previous message, but last minutes changes always makes me a
bit nervous ;-)

Anyway, we have some great contributors in our team and ubuntu slideshow is
already fully translated. :)

Cheers,
--
Bruno