Tools for searching translations

andregondim at ubuntu.com andregondim at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 6 21:02:33 UTC 2010

Hi Adi,

I using your text to my blog. I just add bzr in suggestions installation.

Cheers,-------------------------------------------------
André Gondim
E-mail: andregondim at ubuntu.com
Blog: http://andregondim.eti.br
OpenPGP keys: C9721403

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 14:05, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure if you are aware of the search-translation command line
tool starte by Sebastian Heinlein.

I have modified it a bit and put it here:

https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/ubuntu-translations-tools

You will need to install gettext
  sudo apt-get install gettext

You can download it using
  bzr branch lp:ubuntu-translations

To run it:
  cd ubuntu-translations
  ./search-ubuntu-translation YOUR_SEARCH_STRING

--------------
Right now, it only shows the template name containing the translation,
and you will have to find it in Launchpad.

After Launchpad POTemplates API will be ready, the script will be able
to give you the exact link in Launchpad.

I'm using it for finding the location of some untranslated texts, to
check for translations consistency of a specific term, to see the
original text for a translation (in case the translation is vague), but
also to find out the common or particular spelling errors.

Please let me know if you find it useful or if you suggestions for
improving it.

Cheers,

--
Adi Roiban