The new "Ubuntu" font

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Mar 5 14:11:01 UTC 2010

Reading Mark Shuttleworth's blog about the new Ubuntu identity, he
mentions work on the new "Ubuntu" font (the font used in the logo), what
catch my eyes was mentioning that it is going to cover Arabic script
among others.

Now, this what I call interesting news ;)

My question, is this font going to be used in the upcoming 10.4 release?
Any idea if there any sample of the Arabic part one can see (I've seen
other Dalton Maag Arabic fonts and it looks promising.

Funnily, I've been planning for an Arabic font with a similar
philosophy, this week I started taking serious steps in this and we are
organising a sort of local workshop to discuss ideas and possibilities of
such a project. May be Ubuntu will save us the trouble and I then can go
and work on other font on my not-so-short list :)

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny