How to upload FireFox translation to launchpad?

Jonathan Aquilina eagles051387 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 14:41:33 BST 2010

im not a translator but i follow the list alot. it is encouraged that all
translations be done upstream if i am not mistaken. correct me if im wrong.
That way you are actually hitting two birds with one stone. upstream its
available to all distributions, and will also make it eventually to
downstream.

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Claude Paroz <claude at 2xlibre.net> wrote:

> I think your best bet would be to work upstream. Why would Firefox only
> be translated in Ubuntu in your language?
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n
>
> Claude
>
> Le samedi 12 juin 2010 à 15:25 +0200, Fran Diéguez a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had the same problem some months ago and after ask to David Planella
> > he said me to fill a question on launchpad to remember launchpad
> > developers to implement this.
> >
> > You can see that question at
> > https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+question/102816.
> > Unfortunately only David was answered the question an remains
> > unimplemented.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > O Ven, 11-06-2010 ás 17:40 -0700, Gheyret Tohti escribiu:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > I downloaded FireFox po file(firefox-3.6_firefox-3.6-ug.po) from
> > > Launchpad and translated it to Uyghur(Finished 96%).
> > > After translation finished, I Upload translation to Launchpad.
> > >

> > > But I get a e-mail from Launchpad like that:
> > >

> > > ============================================
> > >

> > > Import problem - Uyghur (ug) - firefox-3.6 in Ubuntu Lucid package
> > > "firefox"
> > >

> > > We were unable to import the file because of errors in its format:
> > >

> > > ug.xpi: File is not a zip file

> > > I also zipped firefox-3.6_firefox-3.6-ug.po to
> > > firefox-3.6_firefox-3.6-ug.zip  and upload it but launchpad cannot
> > > accept *.zp file.
> > >

> > > I attached my translation file firefox-3.6_firefox-3.6-ug.zip.
> > >

> > > Please help me.
> > >

> > > Gheyret T. Kenji
> > > 2010/06/12

Jonathan Aquilina