Ubuntu Global Jam to be announced RSN

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 12 17:21:22 UTC 2010

El dt 12 de 01 de 2010 a les 14:28 +0100, en/na Daniel Holbach va
escriure:
> Hello everybody,
>
> just a brief heads-up: we're going to announce the next Ubuntu Global
> Jam next week. It's going to happen 26th - 28th March 2010 and we'd like
> to invite you all to help out and plan events in your LoCos.
>
> 	https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
>

> I have a few questions:
>  - Is there anything we should do differently with the announce this
>    time around?
>  - Is there a better way to reach out to all the teams and all their
>    subteams?
>  - Is our documentation good enough?
>
> Let's announce this next week and let's make this event ROCK.
>
> Have a great day,
>  Daniel

Hi all,

Following Daniel's heads up on the coming Ubuntu Developer Week, I'd
like to remind you that https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek has
a Translations table at the bottom, where people can sign up for
translating questions and answers back and forth during the sessions.

The idea is that if there is someone wanting to ask a question at a
session but does not feel comfortable enough writing in English, he or
she can direct it to one of the native speakers listed there and they
will be able to help him/her by translating it to English.

For those helping with translating it shouldn't be much work, as these
questions are occasional and you might be hanging in the channel anyway,
but for those people asking the questions it will make a world of
difference.

So please, those willing to help with translating questions, simply put
your name down at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek#Translations

Looking at the schedule, the awesome people running sessions, Lernid ...
this UDW is going to rock even harder.

Thanks!

Regards,
David.