Translations testcases ready for review

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 5 14:14:30 GMT 2010

Hi all,

One of the specifications discussed at UDS was better translations QA.
We decided that one of the aspects to focus on this cycle would be
improving testing, and with that in mind we agreed upon the definition
of a series of test cases to be used for milestone testing.

We are working together with the QA team on that, and in particular with
the always awesome Ara Pulido, who not only has provided her testing
experience but has also done most of the work on the specification [1]
by writing the test cases at [2].

The idea is to integrate them in the ISO Tracker [3] for milestone
testing, and the way this works is the following: a testing week starts
on the Monday before the candidate ISO images, which are released on
Thursdays. Testers then do their work to check that the installation of
the images works well through the test cases. All the test cases
available need to be covered before the release of a milestone, although
for Lucid there will also be optional ones. You'll find more information
here [4] and here [5].

At this point, the next steps forward are to:

      * Review those test cases [2]
      * Propose additional ones

Therefore, I'd like to ask you have a look at them, comment on any
improvements or changes (either directly on the wiki or on this thread),
and if you'd like to, propose additional ones or add them directly to
the wiki, following the same format as the existing ones.

One thing I've noticed is that perhaps it would be interesting to have
an additional "Live Session & Installation; No Network" test case to
match the "Installation" test cases.

Another thing I've seen is that the "Live Session & CJK input" might
need some expansion, so perhaps some of you who use input methods could
review it and add some more detailed instructions on how to do some
basic testing of the input method?

If you've got any questions, please feel free to ask as usual.

Thanks!

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lucid-qa-community-testing-translations
[2] http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Install/NonEnglishLanguage