Messages did not get merge

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:13:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

For Lao team, I found there are no active upstream teams working on the
translations (TP[1], GNOME[2], KDE[3]). Launchpad will automatically
accept upstream translations and merge them into new releases, but not
always sync translations from old releases to the newer ones that
translated only on Launchpad.

We recommend every Ubuntu translator contribute upstream because their
work can benefit more users, and make the duplication of work to the
least. So the best way to solve your problem is starting the work on
upstream projects mentioned above, when there are new software release
is available, translations included by upstream will be imported to
Launchpad as well. If you need further assistance on creating teams
upstream, feel free to ask here, :)

As for Thai team, I think the problem is a bit different. Templates in
Launchpad not always the same as it in the project's trunk branch. It
depends on whether the developers want the templates in Launchpad sync
with their branch, thus forking a source code branch directly cannot
help you make sure you have the correct thing needed to be translated.

Best regards,
Aron Xu

[1]http://translationproject.org/team/index.html
[2]http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/lo