[Ubuntu-manual] Not happy at all

lafeber-dumoleyn2 lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Fri Dec 24 08:48:11 GMT 2010

Op 22-12-10 21:35, Khaled Hosny schreef:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 06:51:15PM +0100, Ask Hjorth Larsen wrote:
>> My opinion on what we need technically:
>>
>> Fuzzy matching and a word-wise po-file diffing utility.
> Lunchpad developers seem not to think that translators effort and
> resources is worthy saving, this is not the first time this issue is
> brought up. All what I got last time was some, more time consuming,
> workarounds, so I just gave up; I only start translating just before the
> translation deadline even if it means some translations might not make
> it into the release, as I value my, very limited, time and resources.
>
> Regards,
>   Khaled

Hello Khaled,
I think what you say here is unfair towards all those people who work
very hard behind the scenes.
We should show some respect.
I started this discussion to see if, together, we can find a solution
for this problem which is specific for the Ubuntu-manual. There have
been many positive reactions and ideas. I plan to list them in a new
mail (in January), together with some suggestions and ideas of my own.
Regards,
Hannie