Announcing Project Unity L10N

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 21 15:41:40 UTC 2010

Hi translators,

We all know about Unity, the project that is changing the way we
interact with our computer by bringing a consistent user experience and
a solid, elegant design for desktop and netbook users.

We want to make sure Unity is for everyone, and one of the key aspects
to make it possible is that it is available in everyone's language.

Unity is already available in more than 60 languages [1], and can be
translated into almost any other. Unity is also Free Software, which
means it is in your own hands to make it happen.

So, if your language is not in that list, how can you translate Unity?

      * If you are new to translations, you might want to read the
        Ubuntu Translations Quickstart Guide [2]
      * Next thing you can do is go to the Unity translations page [3]
        and start translating online right away.
      * You can then do the same with the Applications [4] and Files [5]
        places and translate them as well.
      * That's it! You'll find that contributing to Ubuntu by
        translating it is one of the easiest and most rewarding ways you
        can start

If you've got any questions, you can contact the translations team in
whichever way you prefer [6]

We've got about 150 Ubuntu translation teams, and I'm pretty sure we can
make that by the time Ubuntu Natty Narwhal is released there is a
translation from each one of these teams.

Hence, I'm proud to announce the Unity L10N project, stay tuned for more
updates and join the translation party!

Regards,
David

Source: