Chromium browser now translatable in Launchpad

Gheyret Tohti gheyret at
Fri Dec 10 02:48:13 GMT 2010

Hi David,
I am from Uyghur translation team. We start to translate Chromium, but  when I select packges from is no translation textbox(input box) appeared.and in the buttom ============================================This translation is managed by translation group launchpad-translators.There is nobody to manage translation into this particular language. If you are interested in working on it, please contact the translation group.No-one has contributed to this translation yet.============================================
When I go to below link,
the is no Uyghur Translation team.
I dont understand why "Ubuntu Uyghur Translation Group (" is not in the "Launchpad Translators translation group(" .

Salam Bilen

Gheyret T.Kenji

--- On Thu, 12/9/10, David Planella <david.planella at> wrote:

From: David Planella <david.planella at>
Subject: Chromium browser now translatable in Launchpad
To: "launchpad-translators" <launchpad-translators at>, "launchpad-users" <launchpad-users at>
Cc: "Ubuntu Translators" <ubuntu-translators at>
Date: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 8:40 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the Chromium browser is now translatable in
Launchpad at:

You will find all the extra details here:

Special thanks to Fabien Tassin [1] for designing and implementing the
Chromium translations infrastructure (give him a hug if you see him
around!), Evan Martin from the Chromium project, and the Launchpad
Translations developers.

I'm very excited about this, and not only because of the translation
part. This is yet another beautiful example of community work enabled by
Launchpad integration features (code, PPA, translation and everything

Happy translating!

David Planella
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator / /

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----