Ubuntu One Evolution e-mail translation

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 27 20:26:42 BST 2010

Hi translators,

The Ubuntu One team is adding a welcome e-mail to be shown to new users
in Evolution in addition to the default welcome e-mail.

We'd like to make this e-mail translatable, but on this cycle there will
no time to integrate this translation into Launchpad, which is something
we'll be looking into for the next.

For this cycle, we'll just set up translations on a wiki page and we'll
integrate them manually to the package.

So if you'd like to translate the welcome message, here's how you can do
it:

     1. Go to:
        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Wanted/UbuntuOneEmail -
        That's the original text to translate
     2. Copy the e-mail text
     3. Click on the link to your language on the language table at the
        top, or add your language to the table if it's not there. This
        will create a new empty subpage.
     4. Paste the original text and do the translation. Once you are
        done, you can save the page.

You can click on the "català" link on that page to see an example of a
translation. The translations will be integrated into the package by the
NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline [1].

You can find more detailed background information here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/615874

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickReleaseSchedule