Classbot Translation

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 17 15:50:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 8:19 AM, David Planella
<david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> As per the feedback on how to improve the translation quality, I'd
> recommend setting the translation permissions to Restricted or
> Structured. This way everyone can still contribute with translation
> suggestions, but ultimately Ubuntu translators will review them and
> accept them if correct.

I have looked over the translation permissions before. My initial plan
was to leave it set to 'Open' for the first week or so. That way,
everyone could help out with getting ClassBot initially translated. I
also realized that the .pot file would probably change several times,
and I didn't want to put the entire burden on the Ubuntu Translators.
Now that I think most of the translation bugs have been sorted out and
several languages have already been at least partially translated, I
see no problem in changing the translation policy to 'Structured' (and
have gone ahead and made the change). Thanks a lot for everyone who
has helped out with translating.

Nathan