Testing translation Ubuntu-docs (Lucid)

Matthew East matt at mdke.org
Sun Aug 8 17:53:35 UTC 2010

> У чет, 22. 07 2010. у 17:31 +0200, David Planella пише:
>
>> That's correct, but although we talked about this some time ago, we
>> haven't quite coordinated with the docs team to update the ubuntu-docs,
>> and if I'm not mistaken, there hasn't been any post-release update to
>> the package.

That's correct.

>> If the docs team would like to release an update with new translations,
>> I'd be happy to release a new language pack update shortly after.

I would quite like to release a proper update of ubuntu-docs in Lucid.
That would mean putting into place the discussion which we had a few
months ago about updating strings in Launchpad, allowing a period for
translators to complete the new strings and then produce a new update.

For the docteam - are there any other important fixes which could be
applied to the Lucid branch and which are important enough to fix in
Lucid? If so, let's identify these and get them fixed asap so that we
can pass the baton over to the translators to translate the new
material.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Danilo Šegan <danilo at canonical.com> wrote:
> I might be mistaken, but isn't documentation outside the scope of the
> language packs? I.e. for documentation updates you've got to rebuild the
> package with latest translations included.

It's both - translations are included in the ubuntu-docs source
package and then stripped out of the binary package during the build
process in Launchpad. They are then added to the next relevant
language pack when it is released afterwards.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org