Ubuntu.com Website Localization Project Translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 20 07:43:26 BST 2010

El dl 19 de 04 de 2010 a les 15:27 -0400, en/na Chris Johnston va
escriure:
> Greetings;
>
> I am in need of some minor translations assistance. I am working on a
> new project for www.ubuntu.com to provide a link to resources in
> language other than English for users who's preferred language is not
> English. I need a short string translated [1] for this project to be
> possible. I would like to have the translations completed by the 30th
> of April, to keep us moving in the right direction for the completion
> of this project sometime in late May. If you could please assist me,
> it would be much appreciated.
>
> [1] https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/website-localization/trunk/+translations

Hi Chris,

Thanks for driving the project and keeping translators up to date.

A couple of comments:

      * On the Launchpad project, I'd recommend enabling automatic bzr
        translation exports in addition to imports. This will make your
        life easier as a maintainer by committing the translations
        directly to a bzr branch on a daily basis. To do this, you
        simply need to go to
        https://translations.launchpad.net/website-localization/trunk/+translations-settings and choose a bzr branch where to export translations. More info on [1].

      * I see you are attending UDS, so I believe it would be a good
        opportunity to schedule a session on the website localization. I
        can help with that if you want. What do you think?

[1] https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/YourProject/Exports

david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
www.ubuntu.com