Ubuntu Mongolian Translation Team

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 11 17:36:24 UTC 2010

Hi Dulmandakh,

I'm glad to hear about the creation of the Mongolian team,
congratulations!

El dg 11 de 04 de 2010 a les 22:42 +0800, en/na DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar va
escriure:
> Hi Aron,
>
> > Thanks for your work on translating Ubuntu, but I think you may want
> > to check this wiki page before everything in it is well set up:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/AddingNewLanguage
>
> Thank you for your information. But locale, keyboard, fonts are
> already in place, also we've partial translation in Ubuntu and some
> other upstream projects (GNOME, KDE, OpenOffice.org, Mozilla). Also
> there are few more translators working on Ubuntu translation. My goal
> is to create a team, coordinate translation effort and guide
> newcomers.
>
> Currently I'm having problem with some packages. I can translate
> debian-installer package, but cannot translate or messages are not
> editable for software-center and more packages like that. So I was
> thinking that we need a team to have a permission to translate
> messages for Ubuntu.

Yes, I think Aron wanted to point you to:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/StartingTeam

That should describe the steps necessary on how to get the Mongolian
team appointed for Ubuntu translations. If you need any help along the
way, please feel free to ask, and we'll be happy to give a hand.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella