maltese translations

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Wed Sep 9 12:38:17 UTC 2009

Hi Myriam,

У сре, 09. 09 2009. у 10:27 +0200, Myriam Schweingruber пише:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 13:17, Jonathan Aquilina<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > is there a team at least downstream that has started working on maltese
> > translations of packages ?
>
> For KDE, there is an upstream team, please get in touch with them here:
>
> http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=mt
>
> And please, do *not* translate *any* KDE packages in Rosetta, since
> there is an upstream team. All translation by KDE and Gnome are done
> upstream, so work in Rosetta would be redundant and we all know how
> bad the results end up.

If there is no Ubuntu Maltese team as Adi points out, you'd do a much
better job by setting one up.  Then you'd be able to restrict who can
edit translations.

Today, if nobody works in Launchpad to translate Ubuntu specific
strings, even with fully translated GNOME and KDE there will be some
untranslated strings.  So, one should still translate in Launchpad.

Cheers,
Danilo