[Launchpad-users] Imports slowness in Launchpad translations

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Wed Sep 9 11:31:04 UTC 2009

Hi Kiko,

У уто, 08. 09 2009. у 18:58 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis пише:

> > If you are interested in how much stuff really needs to be imported,
> > check up on entries in the 'Approved' status (zero at the time of this
> > email, and close to zero over the past two days).
>
> Shouldn't we change the default (or the names of the options) to solve
> this mischaracterization?

We discussed it before in a different context: how to best solve the
problem for those looking at the import queue trying to approve entries.

At the time, you suggested that we should change defaults to use 'Needs
review' status.

Obviously, we've got a problem that needs solving in a completely
different way.  But, what is the problem we are trying to solve?

In a sense, I'd say that the import queue is a Launchpad implementation
detail which we expose in a bad way.  It'd be nice to expose it in a
nicer way which would answer the following questions:

 * How much stuff we still need to import? (for interested users and
admins)
 * Where in the queue is *my* upload? (for maintainers, translators)
   (this might list both 'approved' and 'needs review' entries)
 * What is still waiting for manual review? (for those interested, and
for admins who are able to review it)

And the same questions for each particular context: i.e. "in this
project", "in this distribution", or respective series.

And this'd be only a start.

Cheers,
Danilo