Call for karmic translations

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Wed Oct 7 23:07:01 UTC 2009

Dear translators,

With the Karmic beta release out and the string freeze in place, the time is
right to work on translations for Ubuntu 9.10.

With improvements to LP Translations having landed in this cycle, we should
be in good shape with respect to the importer, and translations are now
being shared more effectively between releases.  The statistics at
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+translations bear this
out: Spanish is over 96% translated already, and French, Brazilian
Portuguese, Swedish, German, and British English are (again) at over 80%.

Let's see some other languages make it to the top here before release!

The deadline for non-language pack translations (such as for the installer
and debconf templates) to be included in the release is Thursday, October
15, and the deadline for language pack translations is a week later on
October 22.  The full timeline for the Karmic release can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule for your reference.

Thanks,