Ubuntu and Kubuntu templates priority

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Thu Oct 1 21:51:35 UTC 2009

Hi,
During todays monthly (by now) translations meeting [1] we have discuss
the templates priority in the big list of Ubuntu templates.

We tried to add more details about this issue here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/TemplatesPriority

Before proceeding with the changes we would like to gather more feedback
about the way we categorized templates and their priority.
Shall we add or remove some of then? Do they need some reordering?

Especially, we would like to know your opinion whether we should mix
Ubuntu and Kubuntu templates or not.

I will try to keep things simple and will describe 2 options:

1. Put Ubuntu important templates first, followed by Kubuntu important
templates. A bigger user base is the reason why Ubuntu would be listed
first.
2. Mix all Ubuntu and Kubuntu important templates and list them in
alphabetical order

Important means that we will define a list of about 50 most important
templates for each desktop environment.

How do you think we shall proceed?

For more details you can check out the log.

Many thanks for your feedback!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Meetings/2009-10-01

--
Adi Roiban