Xubuntu How to Submit Our XFCE Translations?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri May 15 12:11:03 UTC 2009

În data de Vi, 15-05-2009 la 16:30 +0500, Noumaan Yaqoob a scris:
> Thank you guys, ok so we have already submitted our translations to
> upstream how long will it take for ubuntu to pick up our translations
> from xfce?
Only Xubuntu developers and xfce package maintainers can answer this
questions.
I don't this will happen pretty soon as packages are usually updated to
fix some bugs, not to update translations.

> Adi yes we can replace the .mo to test translations but we actually
> wanted to see what happens when a user installs the language support
> from its system. We are thinking about proposing changes for our
> locale. for example we need to figure out how to use bidirectional
> texts. how to change digits, numbers, date and currency options. How
> to use a default font for our locale and some other changes.
>
> By the way we are working on Urdu localization of Xubuntu only. The
> main goal is to work on a remastered version of Xubuntu in Urdu
> language.
For this use case what we need are xubuntu language packs similar to the
ones created for ubuntu.

I'm very anxious to see the rosetta to bzr import features, that Henning
is currently working on.

I am not a Ubuntu packaging guru, but as far as I know all Ubuntu and
Xubuntu packages are already in bzr.

This will allow us to create a simple script for generating language
packs.

Cheers,
Adi

--