Ubuntu One client translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu May 14 21:56:23 BST 2009

El dj 14 de 05 de 2009 a les 15:08 -0300, en/na Felipe Lerena va
escriure:
> 2009/5/14 David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>:
> > Hi translators,
> >
> > Thanks to Rodrigo Moya the ubuntuone-client Beta [1] has now got i18n
> > support.
> >
> > You'll find the translations here ->
> > https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client
> >
> > Happy translating!
> >
> > Regards,
> > David.
> >
> > [1] http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2009/05/13/ubuntu-one-beta
> >
> > --
> > David Planella
> > Ubuntu Translations Coordinator
> > david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
> > www.ubuntu.com
> >

> > --
> >
> >David
>
> Is there a way to obtain an invitation as a translator to use the service?
> I don't like to translate applications in blind. I usually test them working.

Hi Felipe,

Currently invitations have only been sent to e.g. Ubuntu members
-remember this is still in Beta status. Everyone can apply for an
invitation, though [1].

If you want to test the application before you translate, you might want
to wait until you get your invitation. Alternatively, you can try the
client software from the UbuntuOne PPA [2], but some of the
functionality will be missing without an account.

In any case, there are only 26 strings in the translation. They are
short and the context can easily be guessed. And in case of any doubts
you can either ask here or at the ubuntuone-users list [3] [4].

I hope this helps.

[1] https://ubuntuone.com/plans/
[2] https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntuone/+archive/beta
[3] https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntuone-users