Translating Xubuntu docs

Cody A.W. Somerville cody-somerville at
Sun Mar 29 03:39:00 BST 2009

2009/3/26 Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at>

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at>wrote:
>> 2009/3/26 Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at>:
>> > I have refreshed the .pot files that are included as part of the
>> > documentation, and have committed those .pot file refreshes to my bzr
>> > branch, but in examining the translations page of Xubuntu docs, it
>> concerns
>> > me that it looks like people are translating older versions of the
>> > documentation.
>> The translations at Launchpad / Rosetta are only updated when you
>> upload a version of xubuntu-docs package with updated .pot files
>> included in the source to the Ubuntu archive.
> <snip>
> This is very helpful, Timo.  Thanks very much!

I don't believe xubuntu-docs are automatically imported to Rosetta due to
xubuntu-docs being a universe package. I believe that the templates need to
be manually imported to Rosetta and the translations manually exported back
to the package.

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Systems Release Engineer
Foundations Team