[steve.langasek at canonical.com: Call for intrepid translations]

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Mon Mar 30 16:08:33 UTC 2009

Dear translators,

With the Jaunty beta release out and the string freeze in place, the time is
right to work on translations for Ubuntu 9.04.

The langpack import problems of last cycle have not been a concern this
time.  https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+translations shows
Spanish is the only language this time with > 90% translation, but five
others - French, Swedish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, and British English
- are > 80% translated.

A number of other languages have a great opportunity here to overtake the
British, too. :)

The deadline for non-language pack translations (such as for the installer,
Firefox, and debconf templates) is Thursday, April 9, and the deadline for
language pack translations is a week later on April 16.  The full timeline
for the Jaunty release can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JauntyReleaseSchedule for your reference.

Thanks,