Kubuntu-docs into Rosetta?

Arne Goetje arne.goetje at canonical.com
Fri Mar 27 19:20:08 UTC 2009

Henrique P Machado wrote:
> This would be good for the final users, but why it won't be exported
> into language-packs? This means that, for instance, the pt_BR version
> (and others) of Kubuntu will not have the docs localized until the final
> release? There is too much work to do on the docs?

For technical reasons, we can only export .po files into language-packs,
which get compiled into .mo files. .po files which get converted into
.xml files cannot be dealt with in language-packs, simply because the
code, which generates the language-packs does not know which .po files
to convert to .xml and which ones to .mo files.

For those cases, if they get accepted into Rosetta, the package
maintainer or someone who wants to take care of the translations, needs
to export the updated translations manually and upload a new
kubuntu-docs package with the updated translations into the archive.

Cheers
Arne