Translating Xubuntu docs

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 26 18:59:00 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I have refreshed the .pot files that are included as part of the
documentation, and have committed those .pot file refreshes to my bzr
branch, but in examining the translations page of Xubuntu docs, it concerns
me that it looks like people are translating older versions of the
documentation.  Surely it seems as though I have missed a step, but I'm
afraid that trying to navigate the myriad of launchpad / rosetta translation
pages is a bit on the confusing side.

Any issues may be due to the fact that I have been using the
xubuntu-jaunty-yelpversion branch (which was basically me starting with
current Ubuntu docs, and then modifying them to suit Xubuntu), and had
retired the xubuntu-jaunty branch.

Here is the url to the translations page that I was referencing, though:
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/xubuntu-docs
Please pardon my ignorance, but I just want to make sure that translators
aren't attempting to update outdated documentation, and that end-users get
the most updated documentation possible.  Thanks very much.

Jim