Translation status for Ubuntu Start Page

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 08:14:10 UTC 2009

2009/3/20 Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro>:
> I have done it for 8.10, but right now there are not many changes in
> 9.04.

The results look great! Huge thanks for your coding and other work.
Hopefully the 8.10 could be gotten into use soon already, since that's
what's already visible for most.

Just FYI to others, we were told that for 9.04 the Help and
Participate URLs wouldn't be made translatable, thus they will still
lead to English-only resources for now. If we want that to change for
9.10, we should start planning it in eg. June already instead of so
close to a release. In the future, there could be a minimal
translatable Participate page in ubuntu.com with links to local pages,
which could be quite nice with the current URL also. But I do think
the Ubuntu Help URL should be made translatable (for 9.10) since many
LoCos already have the equivalent of help.ubuntu.com, ie. ubuntu-docs
in HTML format, available on their sites in local language(s).

-Timo