Translations for "Search" button

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:03:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

Please add / check the translation for the Search button at bug
#329367 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-website/+bug/329367).

I think that even though there would not be a proper infrastructure
for the website start page translation for 9.04, though hopefully
there will be, we should push the Search string translation through
manually. It's by far the most visible I18N problem in Ubuntu and
gives an amateurish look in eyes of many.

I'm trying to push the issue a bit, and I have also offered one sort
of fix for the scripts used to generate the start pages on the
ubuntu-website mailing list, though it's ugly. If someone would know
how to use gettext directly with ease, I think it should be fairly
trivial to fix properly instead of battling with po2html/html2po
software.

-Timo